The Botanical Gardens Leiden
2311 GJ LEIDEN Plan your route
More than four centuries of collecting, cultivating and studying have produced Leiden University’s wonderful teaching garden with its plants from all corners of the world.
The Botanical Gardens (Hortus botanicus) have been the study gardens of the University of Leiden since 1590. The Clusius Garden, named after founder Carolus Clusius, is a copy of the first grounds. Four centuries of collecting, care and study have produced a magnificent garden with various exotic, unknown plant life. The exceptional gardens and greenhouses, including the Japanese Gardens and the Victorian Greenhouse, are worth a visit.
- Elke maandag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke dinsdag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke woensdag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke donderdag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke vrijdag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke zaterdag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
- Elke zondag 10.00 - 17.00 uur
(March 21-September 20):
Monday through Sunday.
9 a.m.-6 p.m.
October 3, 2023 (Leidens Ontzet).
December 25, 2023 through Jan. 1, 2024 (Christmas).