The Botanical Gardens
It is compulsory to book a time slot in advance for your visit.
The Botanical Gardens (Hortus botanicus) have been the study gardens of the University of Leiden since 1590. The Clusius Garden, named after founder Carolus Clusius, is a copy of the first grounds. Four centuries of collecting, care and study have produced a magnificent garden with various exotic, unknown plant life. The exceptional gardens and greenhouses, including the Japanese Gardens and the Victorian Greenhouse, are worth a visit.
- every Mondayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:00 to 18:00