The National Museum of Antiquities
It is compulsory to book a time slot for your visit nin advance.
The National Museum of Antiquities (Rijksmuseum van Oudheden) contains countless treasures from old, rich cultures. The famous collection of Egyptian mummies and mummy sarcophagi is world-class. You can select from five permanent presentations during your visit: "Egyptians", "Greeks", "Romans", "Etruscans", "Near East" and "The Netherlands". The presentations are animated and comprehensible for young and old. There are also replicas, reconstructions, film fragments and interactive multimedia. During school vacations there are additional activities for children.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:00 to 17:00