Built in 1652 as a luxurious city inn to complement the park established around the castle. It has been used for various purposes since the Second World War.
In 1651, the city council of Leiden bought the Burcht to turn it into a park. It was thought that an inn was also part of this, in 1652 the stately Heerenlogement was built. It retained this function until World War II. In the 19th century there were also cultural activities: a chamber of rhetoricians and a small theatre. After the war, the building took on various functions. The coach house, located between the castle hill and the Heerenlogement, dates from 1659.