The Hooglandsekerk became a collegiate church with 24 priests in 1365. The present building dates mostly from about a hundred years later into the 16th century, but the front remains from the 14th-century church. The tower belonged to the older, lower church. Like the Pieterskerk, this became Reformed in 1572. The church has services on Sunday, besides concerts and other events during the week. Although most Pilgrims who died in Leiden were buried in or around the Pieterskerk, a few were buried in the Hooglandsekerk, including a child of William Brewster’s, who died in June, 1609, shortly after the Pilgrims arrived in Leiden.